I flushed 3 Woodcock while walking around one of two pine groves checking for Long-eared Owls today. I believe this is the earliest I have found AMWO in north Mo. I saw no LEOW although there were some in both places earlier this winter. Maybe the deep snow moved them out also? I did find 5 at another location yesterday that I entered on the GBBC.  I did not see any Rough-legged Hawks today either where I had been seeing them.

 Finches have really come in to the feeders in my yard last couple of days. This morning I had 10 House Finch, 14 Purple Finch, and 100 Am Goldfinch. Since the snow is gone now have to think the natural food must be getting pretty scarce.

Later,
Steve Kinder
Chillicothe