After all the recent posts about American Tree Sparrows I was bemoaning the fact that I hadn't seen anything new at the feeders for a while. But I just checked the backyard group of feeders and bingo, there was a single American Tree Sparrow feeding on the ground with the juncos, white-throats and fox sparrows.
A note about odd bird food: I hung a bunch of grapes that were too sour for my taste from a tree limb and the only taker was a red-bellied woodpecker, so far.  I think I'll try throwing out some frozen peas--I don't like them much either.
Don Hays
Donald R. Hays
Union, Franklin Co., Missouri
http://mobirds.org/