Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 07:03:39 -0600
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: American Tree Sparrows are now yard birds
To: [log in to unmask]

Along the same line, I had a Savannah Sparrow at my feeder for the first time.   They are around, but I've never seen them at my feeder.

Good Birding,
Greg Swick
Ozark, Missouri

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 10:26 PM, Dency Kahn <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I've had American Tree Sparrow twice before in my yard, both times later in the year.  Now I have only one that I see at a time mixed in with the other ground feeders.  I can account for the missing house finches, though.  Also I was without goldfinches until the snow and ice came; now my feeder ports are full.  I am much shorter of woodpeckers than usual, only a downy and a red-belly.

Dency Kahn
Olivette, St. Louis County