Hi MoBirders,
Each summer at the Missouri State Bull Shoals Field Station, a Missouri IBA, the Greater Ozarks Audubon Society and MSU hold the Green Leadership Academy for Diverse Ecosystems.  GLADE is an all expenses paid, week long, residential academy focusing on birds, ecology, leadership, and community conservation involvement.  During the week, participants engage in bird banding, giant cane restoration, leadership training, water quality monitoring, and assorted ecology-based, hands on activities that I'm sure many of you would love!  :)

In the interest of "expanding our geographic range", we are asking you MoBirders to help us find the most promising young birders and naturalists in Missouri to participate in this unique program.  The candidates for the 16 positions must currently be in 10th or 11th grade (15,16,or 17 if home schooled), have a passion for the Great Outdoors, and possess an interest in conservation biology.

 I would be happy to mail you or your recommended young person our brochure and application.   Or, you can access the brochure and application at our website, www.greenleadershipacademy.org , at the 2011 Brochure and Application tab.   The deadline for applications is March 18, 2011.   The academy runs from Sunday, June 19, until Saturday, June 25.

 For more information, contact me.

Thanks for your help!

Good birding,

Greg Swick, Director
Green Leadership Academy for Diverse Ecosystems
417-209-0652
[log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]

  --
I believe that there is a subtle magnetism in Nature, which, if we unconsciously yield to it, will direct us aright. ~Henry David Thoreau
http://mobirds.org/