After reading Paul's account of feeding geese pop corn I remembered I had a medium size bag of Jiffy Popcorn which cost me $1.29..................just add a little oil and pop away. I popped a skillet full and just threw the pop corn on the ground and to my surprise the Grackle and Starlings just devoured it, I am on my third skillet in two days. You would think they were at the movies.

I say this because they moved away from the sunflower seed for the popcorn. This saves my sunflower seed for my gang of regulars (which is growing) but also keeps all the birds happy. It is interesting to see all the blackbird gathered into a large grouping chowing down on Jiffy Pop while all of my regulars are walking around eating the sunflower seed. Who would of thought, thanks Paul.

Mike Doyen
Rolla, MO
Pablo Neruda.

http://mobirds.org/