I thought I would check out Eagle Bluffs CA in Boone County this afternoon. The road to the entrance to the CA was fine, but the remaining roads into the CA were covered with packed snow and ice. They were very slippery, so I turned around and came home.

I did not see many birds on the road, just a small flock of American Tree Sparrows, a small flock of starlings, some juncos, cardinals, two red-tail hawks and a Kestrel.

I hope that the warm weather in the forecast will make travel a little safer for those of us without 4 wheel drive.

Mark Gutchen
Columbia, MO