Just did a Google search and found that the Oklahoma birding list has a thread on meadowlarks killing smaller birds:

Sherry McCowan
Saint Louis, Missouri

On Feb 10, 2011, at 8:02 PM, Robert Brundage wrote:

From: Glenn Perrigo of Texas (former Missourian):

When I edited Texas Birds magazine I accepted an article about hungry Eastern Meadowlarks stalking and killing goldfinches.

http://homepage.mac.com/rioselva/Killer%20Meadowlarks/

Glenn Perrigo, Ph.D
Professor and Assistant Chair
Graduate Coordinator & Interim Director of Site 55 Biological Research Station
Department of Biological & Health Sciences
Texas A&M University-Kingsville
Kingsville TX  78363

361.593.4170

No virus found in this message.