In a large skillet melt 1 cup of lard, (no substitute) and I cup of crunchy peanut butter.

As this mixture comes to a slow boil add and stir in 2 cups of quick cook oats, 2 cups of corn meal, 1 cup of white flour, 1/3 to 1/2 cup of sugar and one cup of white raisins. Keep stirring until suet has a solid well mixed consistancy. (make sure to soak raisins for about four hours before using)

Pour mixture into square pan and allow to cool then cut into desired sizes. Put unused squares into freezer bags and store until needed.

You can use any dried fruit just make sure you let it soak in water before adding to suet.

Warning: this is so good that you are liable to nibble on it yourself, I do.

Mike Doyen
Rolla, MO
Pablo Neruda.