I am on my second 50lb bag of sunflower seed in six days and I have just made another batch of Mikes Famous Suet, I have five suet feeders up as well as eight feeding stations and of course much seed spread across the ground.

We added another two inches of show last night but at last count I had well over 100 birds feeding (no including black birds and starlings which have not shown up yet), Almost any cost is a small price to pay when you watch over 100 common winter birds birds get enough food and energy to survive this weather. And on top of that they are absolutely beautiful scurrying across in the fresh snow or darting from one feeder station to another.

Mike Doyen
Rolla, MO
Pablo Neruda.