I agree with Mark; I was at EB on Tuesday 8th in the afternoon and the road
to EB is clear and great shape but once you turn in to EB, a very different
story; I made it to the first Well house, for lack of a more correct term, and
then drove across and down the one way road.  I saw numerous mallards, snow
geese and a few hundred Canadian geese down the one way road, at the very
end, which I could not get to. It was a tense go getting in and OUT with tracks
being iced over and my Subaru outback was dragging the bottom on the snow
most of the way in/out. (if any of you find any auto parts on the road,they are
probably mine:) However once out, I turned right, to the dead end ,  saw
several white crowned sparrows, an immature eagle flying overhead, the dark
red tailed hawk, and several other sparrows that I am not experienced enough
to identify.  I should also add, in the pool by the well house were 3 ring necked
ducks, a canvasback , several gadwells and canadian geese.  I talked to the
main biologist/mgr of EB today and he suggested waiting a few days for more
thawing before attempting it again.  I was going tomorrow but after reading the
post, I think I will wait a couple more days for those 60 degree days to put a
dent in the snow.  I did post a couple of photos of Tuesday's outing of the
immature eagle on my flickr stream.

Carol Weston
Columbia, MO