I'll guess common grackles with a dark-eyed junco in the foreground.
Joplin has easily a foot of snow.
Larry Herbert,  Joplin, Jasper Co., MO.
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Lynne and Gary
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 4:43 PM
Subject: Fwd: Can anyone ID this bird? - A few photos to provide size comparison.

Hi - We think these are too small and wrong shape to be common grackels, any ideas? Not more than slightly larger than Redwing Blackbirds.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lynneweixel/BirdForIdentification#

Thanks in advance - Survive the snow and cold!

--
Gary Sewell & Lynne Weixel
5662 County Road 2330

--