I'll guess common grackles with a dark-eyed junco in the foreground.
Joplin has easily a foot of snow.
Larry Herbert,  Joplin, Jasper Co., MO.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Lynne and Gary
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 4:43 PM
  Subject: Fwd: Can anyone ID this bird? - A few photos to provide size comparison.

  Hi - We think these are too small and wrong shape to be common grackels, any ideas? Not more than slightly larger than Redwing Blackbirds.

  http://picasaweb.google.com/lynneweixel/BirdForIdentification#

  Thanks in advance - Survive the snow and cold!

  --
  Gary Sewell & Lynne Weixel
  5662 County Road 2330

  --