  From: Nicholas March
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2011 11:49 AM
  Subject: Re: Pairs of Carolina Wrens

  I also have a pair of CARW that visit my feeders daily. I know it's the same two every day since one has no tail and the last inch of the other's tail is bent sideways at a 45 degree angle. The tailless one prefers the suet while the other uses a woodpecker motion to crack open and eat black oil sunflower seeds. If the one with the tail picks up something it deems inedible, it tosses it. I've seen it through sunflower hulls over 18 inches to its side. Other than that, there's really no difference that I can pick up on between the two of them.

  --
  Nicholas March
  Columbia, Boone County, MO

http://mobirds.org/