I have received so many off line thank yous for posting poetry that I'm keeping it up during this period when it's hard to get out and bird. Here's one by Shakespeare (not in Bright Wings). I believe the owl involved is a Tawny Owl. The "crabs" that hiss in the bowl are crab apples. "Ways" refers to roads, such as they were in those days. "Keeling" the pot meant stirring it so that its ingredients were turned over. "Blows his nail" meant blowing on the finger nails to warm the tip of the fingers.

Winter

(From "Love's Labour's Lost")
When icicles hang by the wall,
    And Dick the shepherd blows his nail,