These snowy cold winter days often bring unusual visitors to the lake behind our house in suburban Platte Co.  Over the past couple of weeks we have had Ring-Necked Ducks, Common Goldeneyes, American Wigeon, and Canvasbacks appear on our lake, along with the usual Canada Geese and Richardson's Geese.  Every winter, with the large flocks of geese that stop in for a rest, a Bald Eagle usually appears.  It didn't disappoint us this year, and has flown over the lake sporadically over the past few days.  It even came quite near the house to feast on a Canada Goose that had died out on the ice.   What an interesting diversion for a dreary winter day!

Good Bir-r-r-r-ding!
Susan Seyboth
Kansas City, Mo