What a great day for birds!  I guess word got out that we are the only ones in
West Plains that put out food for wintering birds and everybody came to get
their fill.  Being from the West I’m not used to seeing Fox Sparrows outnumber
Song Sparrows – and I certainly won’t complain, Eastern Fox Sparrows are
quite beautiful.  It was also nice to see a covey of a dozen or so Bobwhite
running across the yard and under our neighbor’s privacy fence seeking refuge
from the wind.  I was also pleased to see that the woodpeckers preferred our
home-made suet against the store bought.  I am happy to share my yard list
for today with you:

Northern Bobwhite
Red-tailed Hawk
American Kestrel