Birders:

I started birding in the fall of 1967 after taking a Natural History course
at Emporia State University that summer.
Like many new birders I quickly became hooked on this obsessive hobby.  I
mostly birded within a few miles of home and
did not even know any other birders.  I had probably birder for 6 or 7 years
before I observed my first Carolina wren.
Remember that in the 60's and 70's the winters were very harsh, much last
the last two years.

later,

Jack Hilsabeck
4214 Belmont Circle