From Stephen Dilks for Sunday, Jan. 23:

I saw the golden-crowned sparrow and the spotted towhee three times yesterday
(Sunday, Jan. 23).  At about 8 am, close to noon, and after 4 pm.  The rest of
the time it was about 150 grackles.  They feed all day and other birds hang on
the branches waiting for the chance.  It has been suggested that I put up a
scarecrow.  I might try it this weekend, but I wouldn't want it to scare the
other birds.  In the meantime, I will have no idea if the sparrow shows up
during the week.  I am certain that if someone is here on the deck, that it will
keep the grackles away and the other birds will begin coming in.  Just have
patience and the sparrow and towhee will both show up.

Note:  No update for today, Jan. 24, but I bet that is because Steve had to work
and was not able to watch the feeders.

 Directions:
The bird is in Linn, MO (Osage County).  You can see a map here that Steve
prepared for all those interested:   http://www.pbase.com/jpuf/image/131715108

Josh, for Steve Dilks

Joshua Uffman
St. Louis County, MO