I was out at Lake Remembrance in Blue Springs watching the swans and looking for the reported brant.  I caught a glimpse of a raptor coming in relatively low overhead.  It flew past before I could get my camera on it, snatched something off the ground and flew to a utility pole.

The light was growing dim, so these are the best shots I've got.  It was light underneath and smaller than a red-tailed hawk.

My best guess is red-shouldered hawk.  I would appreciate it if some of you more experienced birders could take a look at this photo set and tell me if I'm on the right track.

Thanks,

Jeff Dannaldson