No sightings unless you are interested in the hoards of Common
Grackles that are cleaning me out.  On some website I saw, a person
chided someone like me, "You know starlings are God's creatures,
too."  Somebody answered, "So are Cockroaches and Rats God's creatures."

Has anyone used those caged feeders that would not give grackles
access? I'm interested in which of these birds will go through the
wire that encloses the feeder.
American Goldfinch
Purple Finch
House Finch
Pine Siskin
Tufted Titmouse
White Breasted Nuthatch

Would the Juncos and various sparrows that forage on the ground go
through a wire cage placed on the ground?

The titmouse , flicker, and Red-bellied WP  like the mix that has
peanuts in it, and that apparently is the grackle draw.   I know the
woodpeckers would not be able to use the cage.  But they do use the
suet.

I've read that grackles and starlings don't like safflower seed.  Can
anyone verify that?

June Newman
Carrollton

http://mobirds.org/