While doing some work on my bird records, I noticed this rather interesting binomial for this bird.

Tropical Parula (Parula pitiayumi)

I am uncertain how most would pronounce this binomial, but I guess it could be something like:
pity - ah - you - me (or) pity - I - you - me

I sort of pity the birders who have not seen this bird, rather than the other way around!

Crazy what one does when they are snow bound and showing signs of "cabin fever"!

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, MO

http://mobirds.org/