Today was another good one at Logan Road.  There was a rough-legged hawk
present when I showed up with a friend around 4:45.  There were at least a
dozen northern harriers perched on fence posts in the distance or working
the field.  Eventually, the Short-eared Owls showed up (around 5:25 today).
Although it was getting dark, we got some great views of the owls coursing
low over the field.  At one point I had 5 separate owls in view.  On our way
home, we found the usual Great Horned Owl along Verners Ford Road.

Happy Birding,

Grant Connette
Columbia, MO

--