Had to come to Maryville for a meeting today, but was able to spend part of the morning and late afternoon birding. At Mozingo Lake this morning we had a little patch of open water, the area was mostly surrounded by Canada Geese, a few Cackling were identified. There were quite a few ducks in the open water, mostly mallards but coot, common golden eye, scoter and canvasback were also identified. Wish we would have had more time to sort through them.

This afternoon, Bilby Ranch proved to be a great spot as always, beautiful landscape and very birdy, think that our estimates of American Tree Sparrows, Dark-Eyed Juncos, Horned Larks, and Meadow larks are conservative. Also had Harris, White crowned, song, 1 Savannah and 1 white throated sparrow. Did find mourning doves, but no quail, pheasant or turkey. 13 white tailed deer were a bonus.  Sorted through alot of birds but did not find any longspurs or snow buntings.

Complete lists on CACHE later.
Laurie Shawver
Southern Boone County