I also stopped at Clarence Cannon NWR yesterday.  Spent about an hour driving around.  Unfortunately, I missed the SEOW's :( but I did see a Rough-legged Hawk.  The passerines were some of the best I've seen this season.  Every 1/4 mile or so I stopped the car to see what was alongside the road or crossing it.  Nothing too unusual that I could spot, but I had about every species you would expect on a list including lots of Meadowlarks and a two Fox Sparrows.

Bill Duncan