Ryan Douglas and I spent this morning birding several locations in Boone Co. First we walked a bit on the Hinkson Creek Trail (from Capen Park) and were able to view every Missouri woodpecker except for a Sapsucker. We were very surprised to see a red-headed! We were also surprised to have about a dozen ring-billed gulls fly over.

From there we went out to Bradford farms and were able to view a large group of Canada Geese siting in the field. In the group was one Greater White-Fronted Goose, and one hybrid goose that we got pictures of and have not determined yet. We were also able to see several Savannah Sparrows, Eastern Meadowlarks (with a few Western mixed in), a Horned Lark, and an Eastern Towhee. Logan Rd. also had E. and W. Meadowlarks along with a Northern Herrier and a Rough-Legged Hawk.

Good Birding,
Kyle McCommis
Columbia, Boone Co.