I received a message from Matt Gearheart that he had seen some swans while driving down I-70. Went to check it out and there were 19 Trumpeter Swans and 1 Tundra Swan. (Lake Remembrance is at I-70 and Adams Dairy Pkwy in Blue Springs. Go north from the highway and take a right at your first light.) There is an area of open water that had about 500 Canada Geese (couldn't find a Brant), 3 Cackling Geese, Gadwall, Mallards, Common Goldeneye, Hooded Mergansers and a Canvasback.
Definitely worth a look when most areas are iced.
Aaron Mitchell
Blue Springs