I wonder if anyone else has noticed that the American Goldfinch are the first birds to leave for the evening?

I have been noticing in the last several weeks that the American Goldfinch arrive at my feeders at approximately 7:15am and feed throughout the  day. However at approximately 3:00pm each day they simply disappear for the evening.  When I make my way to the barn to chore each evening at approximately 4:00-5:00pm I see many different birds flying to and from my feeder area and the feed bunk at the barn , but I have never seen a Goldfinch at this time.

Terry McNeely
25843 Grate Ave
Jameson, MO  64647
Daviess County