My family and I found a Spotted Towhee exploring a new birding place - Route 66 State Park.  The bird was found near the first trail-head west of the first parking lot after you enter the park.  My family and I noticed mixed flocks throughout the park.  At one particularly birdy spot near the shelters, we saw Purple Finch, Red-breasted Nuthatch, Yellow-rumped Warblers, a Pileated Woodpecker (and Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers along with other woodpeckers), and many other delightful birds.

Rose McClarren
St. Louis MO

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/