I started off this morning walking around Rock Bridge State Park. Notable birds there were Yellow-Rumped Warblers, and a few Golden-Crowned Kinglets. Pileated, Red-Bellied, and Downy woodpeckers and a Northern Flicker were also observed. Other than that, I was mostly harrassed by numerous Blue Jays and Chickadees on my walk. Unfortunately, I only found White-Breasted Nuthatches, and not the Red I've been looking for.

I then decided to drive down to Eagle Bluffs CA to find the large group of Mallards. I'm not sure I found the same birds, but there were thousands of Mallards flying just a little south of the entrance off Rt. K. I sat there for ~15 minutes (from 1:00-1:15) and the Mallards never stopped coming. I also spotted 4 eagles, a Rough-Legged Hawk, and a group of ~30 Red-Winged Blackbirds. On the way back to Columbia on Rt. K there were 2 Red-Shoulder Hawks! There are also a good number of sparrows and Juncos right along Rt. K.

Kyle McCommis
Columbia, Boone Co.
ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/