 Yesterday, January 14, 2011 my father and I ventured out to see if we
could find any birds out on a nice winter day.  We traveled to southern
Harrison County just north of Gilman City and were able to locate
approximately 350-400 Lapland Longspurs.  In the group of Longspurs we
spotted 3 Snow Buntings, many Horned Larks and Meadowlarks.

Near
 the same area, in northern Daviess County, we were able to find three
Lincoln's Sparrow, 12 Ring-necked Pheasants (all hens at the same
location), a couple of Harris' Sparrows and of course many large flocks
of Dark-eyed Junco's and American Tree Sparrows.  It was a nice day and a
 nice addition to the year list.

Mark McNeely
403 South Market
Maryville MO 64468