Yesterday for the first time I saw a Brown Creeper come to the hanging log
feeder filled with Bark Butter from Wild Birds Unlimited.  I had also spread some
more on trees to give the larger birds a chance since this feeder is in a cage. (It
also keeps them off the other feeders and gives the smaller birds a chance.) The
Brown Creeper really likes this stuff. I switched over to a mix of crunchy peanut
butter and wild bird mix on the trees. I've seen Flickers, Red-bellied, Downy,
Hairy WP and Starlings, Blue Jays and others checking out the trees and eating
this mix. The Carolina Wrens, Titmice, Wh Br Nuthatches and others use the log
feeder more. The Brown Creeper didn't care as much for the mix as the butter
bark.

(no benefit to me by mentioning WBU product)

Margy Terpstra
Kirkwood, St. Louis CO, MO

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/