Today I drove to Linn, MO from my home in South County. I got to see the
Golden-crowned Sparrow, the Spotted Towhee, and over fifty Purple Finches
on Steve Dilk's property. I got there around 11:30 am and left shortly after
noon. I don't recall ever seeing that many Purple Finches at a time, even in
one day. The Golden-crowned Sparrow became No. 291 on my Missouri life list
Now I need nine more to reach 300. I added only two - Black-throated
Sparrow and , recently, Short-eared Owl - to my state life list in 2010.
On the way home, I stopped to bird Robertsville State Park and got to see my
FOY Brown Creeper near the river and also witnessed an immature Red-tailed
Hawk catching its prey. Also saw a coyote and an antlered deer crossing Hwy
50 on the way back.

Good birding,
Jim Hickner

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/