I'm not sure why any of us should be rankled.  Robt. Burns in "Ode to
a Louse" said, " Ah, to see ourselves as others see us."  I'm more
informed and reminded than rankled.

The article, like the recent discourse about mode of dress on the
listserve was informative and amusing, not irritating.  I waved my
bandana at the screen, stomped my hiking boots on the floor, and
twirled my cap in the air as I snorted and roared.

I have been thinking about upscaling my wardrobe.  Saw a pink camo
jacket and almost sprung for it.  But, just as [The Lady] won't dish
the dirt with the other girls and won't go to Harlem in diamonds and
pearls, this tramp just can't wear pink, purple, bright red, yellow
or white in the field.

See y'all out there when this white stuff is under control--or maybe
I'll head for California, even though it's cold and it's damp...

The Carolina Wren, Red-breasted Nuthatch, juncos, White-throated
Sparrows, Downy, Red-bellied, Yellow-bellied Sapsucker and Flicker
were all here well before 8 a.m. today.  Some of you must have really
lazy birds or they are feeding first down the street, then hitting
your place for brunch.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO