From: MARGE LUMPE <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 16:54:49 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Blackbird species flyover

This is not a scientific report, but I am just in awe of what I just observed.  As I was taking another helping of birdseed out to the feeders a few minutes ago, a huge flock of blackbirds began streaming over our house.  I stood there for a good 5 minutes and watched as they continued.  I am not good at estimating, but on our CBC Dec 29, one group reported 100,000 blackbird species.  I was frankly a bit skeptical, but I am now certain that these may be the same birds.  It looked like bats coming out of Bracken Cave.  Sometimes the group would swell and then sometimes thin out, but it was seemingly never-ending.  Actually, I stopped watching because I was getting cold, and the stream shifted to the west out of my sight.  The birds were flying from south to north.
Marge

Marge Lumpe

P. O. Box 448
Cole Camp, MO 65325