I also stopped at Clarence Cannon NWR yesterday.  Spent about an hour
driving around.  Unfortunately, I missed the SEOW's :( but I did see a
Rough-legged Hawk.  The passerines were some of the best I've seen this
season.  Every 1/4 mile or so I stopped the car to see what was alongside
the road or crossing it.  Nothing too unusual that I could spot, but I had
about every species you would expect on a list including lots of Meadowlarks
and a two Fox Sparrows.

Bill Duncan