An interesting related recent sighting.  During the Taney County CBC, observers (David Ringer, Charley Burwick, Lisa Berger, and others)  estimated an American Robin roost at 5 million birds, and watched them stream in from all directions and from horizon to horizon for over 30 minutes.

Good Birding,
Greg Swick
GOAS Bird Recorder