Chris Pistole, Ed. Director at the Audubon Center here in Joplin,
organized a Children's CBC today.  My group had 17 parents and
kids.  I think everyone of them got to see a Ruby-crowned Kinglet
up close.  Made our day.  We had 27 species on our little hike,
so, did pretty good for such a novice group.  Chris, Jeff, and Dave,
had three other groups.

There was a Lincoln's Sparrow at the brush by the feeders.  Several
of them got to see it too.  I know they all got to see that Ruby-crown.
It was up close and right there for them.

When I got home there was a male Yellow-bellied Sapsucker eating
persimmons on the ground.

Good birding,  Larry Herbert,  Joplin, Jasper County, MO.  certhiaATatt.net