Today in the serviceberry tree, all at same time, perched 1 Harris Sparrow,
1 Tree Sparrow, 1 White-crowned Sparrow, 1 White-Throated Sparrow. That was
quite a sparrow variety for my yard here in town. I did see two
White-crowned SP earlier on the ground. Makes me a bit sad to have just one
of each when there used to be more during snow cover. But our yard doesn't
have shrubs and cover enough near feeders to attract abundance. And I also
think there are still lots of seeds and berries in the woods and fields.
Have had a robin that appears throughout day for water on deck. From looks
of the deck rail, there has got to be many more than one, but have seen two
only one time. Also have a pair of brown creepers that visit the bark on the
feeder tree. Seven male & female cardinals near feeder one time today.
Beautiful birds on the snow!

Jo Ann Eldridge, Kearney