We hobbled and wobbled out the door in late morning to drive Old Port Isabel Rd. looking for Aplomado Falcons (still not "countable" as not deemed sustaining population...yet) and sparrows.  Did not find falcons, and only Savannah Sparrows.  Did see Northern Harrier, caracaras, Logerhead Shrikes and at least 60 Long-billed Curlews.  The road is MUCH improved.  That ain't perfect, by a long shot, but river gravel and shopped up asphalt has been spread on sections, dirt sections are graded flat (2-foot deep ruts no longer present) and the one bridge has white and yellow lines painted on it (with dirt road on each end).

We've missed Chihuahuan Raven this trip, so tried the Brownsville Dump.  No unusual gulls; no ravens.  Did see first Peregrine Falcon of the year sitting on a concrete company tower just outside the landfill gates.

Edge Wade
Brownsville, TX