An interesting related recent sighting.  During the Taney County CBC,
observers (David Ringer, Charley Burwick, Lisa Berger, and
others)  estimated an American Robin roost at 5 million birds, and watched
them stream in from all directions and from horizon to horizon for over 30
minutes.

Good Birding,
Greg Swick
GOAS Bird Recorder

--
*I believe that there is a subtle magnetism in Nature, which, if we
unconsciously yield to it, will direct us aright*. ~Henry David Thoreau

http://mobirds.org/