I looked through quite a few flocks of Horned Larks and Lapland Longspurs the last two days before finding a single Snow Bunting at 4:30 this evening. It was with a small mixed flock of those along hwy EE,about a quarter of a mile north of Hyw 36. This is in Linn Co. between the small towns of Wheeling and Meadville. I had seen a Short-eared Owl and a male Northern Harrier earlier a couple miles farther north. Lots of birds coming to the roadsides right now.

The Orange-crowned Warbler has been showing up in my backyard occasionly and briefly for three days now. Had a White-throated Sparrow and a Brown Creeper today also.

Fun Winter Birding!

Steve Kinder
Chillicothe, Livingston Co.