Mary Anne and I went birding at Columbia Bottom CA this morning.  We still didn't find a Short-eared Owl.  Everyone else seems to find it perched on the various signs.  Oh well, things did get better --  We wandered over to Riverlands.  While we were looking at the numerous Goldeneyes in Teal Pond, I checked "Mobirds-L".  The report of Josh Uffman's Iceland Gull at RMBS immediately grabbed my attention.  Mary Anne and I could see two cars parked nose to nose, with scope pointing towards Ellis Bay.  We headed that way.  We had good looks at a 1st cycle Thayer's and an adult Iceland Gull along with two Lesser Black-backed Gulls thanks to the assistance of Josh Uffman and Al Smith.  The Iceland was a life bird for both of us.