At dusk tonight a regular Downy Woodpecker at the suet feeder was the
last to go, and I mentally noted him as the last bird of the year,
but just now  I went to the car looking for a warm hat for tomorrow's
Swan Lake CBC and when I walked through the breezeway, I flushed a
Carolina Wren roosting in a flower pot of dried annuals and blown
leaves. I hope he comes back to his sheltered spot.  I often hear
Barred Owls in the night, so one of those might yet be my last bird
of 2010.

June Newman
Carrollton