David Ringer, Dave Catlin, Ruth Grant, and I had a good day joining in on
the Cole Camp CBC this past Wednesday.  Our group's bird of the day was a
winter season Vesper Sparrow first spotted by Ruth.  David Ringer got a
super picture of it on a barb wire perched right next to a Savannah
Sparrow.  We had a good day spotting Rough-legged Hawks, counting six of
them throughout the day, and once again Ringer got some great photos of the
birds.

Heading for Hollister this evening to have an early start on the Taney
County CBC in the morning.  This will be my 5th CBC this winter, and I have
really enjoyed the counts, but my body says sleep, sleep, sleep.

All of you have a very "Happy New Year", and be safe if you are on the road,
or dancing on a table with a lamp shade on your head.

Charley Burwick
Greene County
Greater Ozarks Audubon