My niece just called “it isn’t a bird, Aunt Jean, but we are watching an otter on the Bear Creek Trail”  --- that is in Columbia, near the Garth Road entrance side.   They were driving on Garth and passed over the creek, she saw it;  husband didn’t believe it;  she told him to turn around --- they saw the otter go under, come up with a fish, and toss it onto the ice where he ate it.   They drove home (nearby), got their two little boys and took them back;  saw the otter surface one more time.   Don’t know if it is a permanent resident, but birders might enjoy seeing it.   A nice trail for birding also.

Jean Leonatti
Boone County, Columbia, MO