Paul and I were leaving Riverlands at 2:30 heading to Columbia Bottom CA and
stopped at the restrooms just down from Heron Pond. As we were getting back
into the cars I noticed a big lump on a sign by Heron pond. We both glassed
it and Paul thought it might be an owl. There it was, a SHORT-EARED OWL
sitting on the sign with his name on it. Told him to go buy a lottery ticket.

http://www.photosbyat.com/photos/1139879542_hcDSb-L.jpg
http://www.photosbyat.com/photos/1139884029_Arb8Z-L.jpg

Got a couple done, many more later.
http://www.photosbyat.com/Birds/Birding-2010-December/2010-12-28-RMBS/15235868_6K7bt

Paul, Lois and I sat at CBCA last night for the third time waiting for an
owl to erupt. Guess we weren't in the right place.

Al Smith
Bridgeton, St. Louis County
http://www.photosbyat.com
http://MoBirds.smugmug.com  (admin)