My niece just called "it isn't a bird, Aunt Jean, but we are watching an
otter on the Bear Creek Trail"  --- that is in Columbia, near the Garth Road
entrance side.   They were driving on Garth and passed over the creek, she
saw it;  husband didn't believe it;  she told him to turn around --- they
saw the otter go under, come up with a fish, and toss it onto the ice where
he ate it.   They drove home (nearby), got their two little boys and took
them back;  saw the otter surface one more time.   Don't know if it is a
permanent resident, but birders might enjoy seeing it.   A nice trail for
birding also.

Jean Leonatti
Boone County, Columbia, MO