Dear mobirders...
   I've seen the wonderful pictures of a rough-legged hawk seen at Columbia
Bottom CA in recent weeks and taken by others (envy). Then I looked at my
pics and wondered  .. Is this the same bird as the others..  So I came home
from work, with re-editing on my mind to see if I could improve on the
images..
   I have included the original pictures, plus the re-edits in a new
gallery:

     jcallen.smugmug.com     rough-legged hawk, study of pics

 Only one pic (# 1091) shows the lightness of underwings as others' pics.
 I continue to get views of both sets of rough-legged pics , but decided to
re-edit the first set as they were the best (if one could say that about
such pics)..
  I'm fairly new to dealing with distortion and shading in pictures via
software.   One can also see just how far away, and backlit this bird was..

Jane Allen
St. Louis County

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/