Hi Brad et al.,
On Dec. 3 and Dec. 4 Charley Burwick and I birded the Table Rock Spillway area.  On the 3rd we had 100 Black Vultures and 37 Turkey Vultures and on the 4th we had 115 Black Vultures and 40 Turkey Vultures.

We believe that the vulture roost in Taney County is not solely concentrated in the Spillway areas, as it used to be, as we are seeing smaller roost sites along Taneycomo, particularly around Forsyth, but scattered along the length of that reservoir.  The Taney County CBC is on January 1, and will be a more accurate indication of the range and distribution of vultures in that area.

Anyway, I believe that one can still observe significant numbers in the Table Rock Spillway area, unless something very odd has happened in the last 2 weeks.

Black vultures are regularly reported in the Springfield area now.  We had 7 on the CBC there on Saturday.  Also, Charley and I observed a single BLVU on the Aldrich arm of Stockton Reservoir in August, so they continue to disperse northerly.

Good birding,
Greg Swick
Ozark Missouri