Hi Brad et al.,
On Dec. 3 and Dec. 4 Charley Burwick and I birded the Table Rock Spillway
area.  On the 3rd we had 100 Black Vultures and 37 Turkey Vultures and on
the 4th we had 115 Black Vultures and 40 Turkey Vultures.

We believe that the vulture roost in Taney County is not solely concentrated
in the Spillway areas, as it used to be, as we are seeing smaller roost
sites along Taneycomo, particularly around Forsyth, but scattered along the
length of that reservoir.  The Taney County CBC is on January 1, and will be
a more accurate indication of the range and distribution of vultures in that
area.

Anyway, I believe that one can still observe significant numbers in the
Table Rock Spillway area, unless something very odd has happened in the last
2 weeks.

Black vultures are regularly reported in the Springfield area now.  We had 7
on the CBC there on Saturday.  Also, Charley and I observed a single BLVU on
the Aldrich arm of Stockton Reservoir in August, so they continue to
disperse northerly.

Good birding,
Greg Swick
Ozark Missouri

--
*I believe that there is a subtle magnetism in Nature, which, if we
unconsciously yield to it, will direct us aright*. ~Henry David Thoreau

http://mobirds.org/